what is cosmetic tattooing?
- cosmetic tattooing (semi-permanent make-up or micro pigmentation), is the process of implanting color micro-pigment beneath the surface of the skin by means of a tiny, sterile, disposable needle.
what is brow feathering?
- brow feathering (micro blading or hair-stroke brows) is a process where a manual tattooing technique is used to deposit micro pigments into the first 2 dermal layers of the skin. hair-like tattoo strokes mimic natural hairs creating defined and exquisite brows.
why brow feathering?
- this advanced technique for brow feathering has many benefits:
- creates full and even brows
- sweat proof and waterproof
- camouflage any scars and sparse areas
- they are semi-permanent which allows you to adjust your brow shape as you age
what is the process of brow feathering?
- consultation and brow design (30 min)
- all appointments include a 30 minute brow consultation where together we will shape and design a set of brows that enhance your natural facial features.
- numbing (30 min)
- a topical anesthetic (4% lidocaine ointment) is applied for 30 minutes prior to the procedure to ensure maximum comfort. during the procedure a separate numbing agent is used to enhance numbing effects.
- tattooing (45min- 1hr)
- chosen pigment color(s) are implanted in the top dermal layer to create hairlike strokes that mimic the appearance of natural brow hair within the designed brow shape
does it hurt?
- pain tolerance varies from person to person. two separate numbing gels are used prior and during the procedure to ensure comfort. it is highly recommended to avoid tattooing during a menstrual cycle because the skin can be hypersensitive. clients have related the procedure with eyebrow threading, plucking multiple hairs at once, or a light scratching of the skin.
do you shave the brows?
- we incorporate as much of the natural brow hairs as possible. any stray hairs that lay outside of the brows design will be removed.
what will it look and feel like after the procedure?
- redness is very minimal and there is no visible signs of swelling, clients can return to work immediately after the procedure. any redness will subside within the day. after the numbing wears off there will slight discomfort which is described as a sunburn sensation. immediately after the procedure the brows will appear crisp and dark. As the pigment oxidizes the brows will look darker for the first 3-5 days. after the scabbing starts peeling, lighter and softer feather strokes will be present. the color will continue to soften for the next 6 weeks.